Wisedocs, Wrapped: A Year Looking Back at Wisedocs’ Team
Here are some of Wisedocs' most exciting accomplishments this year!
For any company growing in the technology space, a year can fly by — and for us at Wisedocs, 2022 has been a whirlwind of conferences, connections, and milestones. From meeting new people to growing our team, we found customers, shared stories, and expanded our impact on the claims, insurance, and technology industries as a whole.
Here are some of our most exciting accomplishments this year:
Wisedocs hit the insurtech, workers' compensation, and risk conference scene
With 2022 marking the return of the ‘in person’ tech conference, our team headed out to attend a number of conferences in the claims and insurance industry. These conferences were a great way to connect with senior leaders, meet with customers, learn more about what other players in the space are up to, and have some discussions about change.
This year, we took part in a number of industry conferences, including visits to:
- The Division of Workers’ Compensation (DMC)’s 29th Annual Educational Conference, where we had a chance to show visitors how we use artificial intelligence to improve medical records processing as both a sponsor and a virtual booth. We even gave away some Apple Airpods!
- The Disability Management Employer Coalition (DMEC)’s Annual Conference, where our Head of Revenue Jenna Earnshaw and COO Doug Markham manned the booth. Wisedocs was a sponsor for this 4 day event, focused on the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and how these areas are impacted by the ‘new normal’ we face post-pandemic.
- The 2022 Workers Compensation International Conference (WCI). The WCI is a not for profit educational resource for worker’s compensation industry stakeholders. Jenna, Doug, and our founder Connor Atchison, all attended their 2022 conference in sunny Florida this August.
- The Workers Compensation and Risk Conference (WCR) conference, where COO Doug and Account Executive Jason Hill manned the booth at the Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort.
- The Ontario Insurance Adjusters Association “Come Back to Town” Claims Conference in Toronto, where the Wisedocs team enjoyed making connections at our booth and attending seminars on product liability, sustainability, fraud, and all things insurance!
- The 2022 National Workers' Compensation and Disability Conference in lucky Las Vegas, where Doug, Jenna, Connor, and other members of our team were on site, teaching industry insiders all about how Wisedocs can help organize and index your medical records.
Wisedocs celebrated (and added to) our fast-growing insurtech team
2022 was an exciting time to grow. With our team now 40 strong, we enjoyed some first ‘workaversaries’ with Michael, Amy, and Samiha, brought on Alex and Karishma to our business development team as well as added key and amazing leadership team members, such as Doug Markham and Atif Khan. Beyond that, we made plenty of time to be social and connect as a team - both virtually and in-person.
This spring we held a fully virtual team event, had our customer success team hack their way out of a horror themed escape room, and attended a Blue Jays game in-person for our end of summer offsite. We also enjoyed playing some games together at the Rec Room in Toronto, and sent one lucky Wisedocs winner to watch the Toronto Maple Leafs.
With our Wisedocs Brain Power series, we got to know more about team members like Austin, our financial and administrative coordinator, Olivia, one of our QA leads, and Rajiv, our lead machine learning engineer, and Amy, our newly promoted marketing associate.
Wisedocs shared the details on how our customers use our medical record review platform
This year we connected with our customers — and it showed! Thanks to collaborations with some of our users, we were able to create case studies of how real companies in the claims and disabilities industry saved time using Wisedocs. These Wisedocs users saw dramatic improvements in their workflows and processing times, were able to go fully paperless, and eliminate repetitive work. Thanks to their input, we’re now able to provide tangible examples of how our product can save time and money in the medical claims space, which we hope to continue doing in 2023.
Wisedocs learned from (and hosted!) the experts in the medical record review space
At Wisedocs, we’re passionate about improving the insurance, claims, and disability industries — which is why we’ve created Talking Wisely: The Wisedocs Podcast. Hosted by our founder and CEO Connor Atchison, as well as Head of Revenue and Growth Jenna Earnshaw, our Wisedocs team hosts industry experts across the insurance, medical, legal, medicolegal, and independent medical evaluation industries.
Thanks to these connections, we’ve been able to provide insights into the insurtech industry and share all of the exciting changes and growth in the space!
Wisedocs is looking forward to 2023
2022 has been a busy year! Whether it’s conferences, social events, or storytelling with the experts, we’re proud of how much we’ve been able to do and how far we’ve come. With so much to celebrate, we can’t wait to see what 2023 will bring!
Read similar stories
At Wisedocs, we’re building a stellar team and we’re proud to introduce our team members over time through our monthly Wisedocs’ Brain Power series. Today, we will meet Eric Pham, a valuable member of the Wisedocs team and our Operations Supervisor!
The International Academy of Independent Medical Evaluations (IAIME) 2024 Annual Scientific Meeting, themed "Looking into the Future," was held virtually from February 1st to 3rd, 2024. During the event, Wisedocs’ CEO Connor Atchison took to the stage to discuss how new technologies are humanizing the claims process by enhancing efficiency and the claims experience.